Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am a wool-aholic

I had a lovely morning on Wednesday, cruising around one of my favourtie shops with a friend. The only problem is resisting.

My name is Monika and I am a wool-aholic.

I managed to leave with only one full bag of wool, some red, some pink, some blue, some greens, some mohair, some chenille and some cotton.

When I got home I finished knitting the straps to go on the two denim bags I am making, then attached them to the sides, now I just need to decide on the embellishments.

It was whilst looking for the appropriately coloured sewing thread to attach the straps that I finally came to conculsion that my sewing box is a complete disgrace, I seem to have wasted more cotton than used recently in the huge ball of thread that had gathered in the corner like an enourmous lurking dust bunny. 

It never ceases to amaze me that I can be so utterly obsessive about alphabetising my cds, yet my cottons and threads can be such a mess with ribbons knotted around elastic stuck in pins attached to safety pins wound up in shoe laces tied to random scraps of material.

So I had a bit of a clear out too.

And once I started I couldn't stop. I got out the recently knitted hats and paired them with their embellishments ready for sewing together - just need to sort out my beads to find the appropriate colours - but that is definitely a job for another day. 




Posted by Picasa

No comments: