Amongst the bundle of clothes recently donated to me, was this pullover.
I detest high neck jumpers or shirts, but I really liked the wool in this jumper all variagated blues and tropical greens, so I thought I would try something new. I decided to turn this pullover into a cardigan.
I started by removing the offending neck piece (which got rolled over and stitched to create a headband - but that is yet another story!). This was much harder than I anticipated, as it was stiched into place, then overlocked, so there was quite a bit of unpicking to do.
Then with some silk ribbon taken from my miscellaneous box of stuff, I hemmed the two cut edges, and hand stitched - yes hand stitched AGAIN - the ribbon, because the stretchy wool and the silk together did not make for a neat line in the machine - and believe me I did try first.
To finish the neck line and prevent the wool unravelling, I pinned then tacked some interface webbing to it. (Not being a seamstress or tailor I don't know the proper terms for the materials, but I think it is interface webbing).