Sunday, March 28, 2010

First paying job for the studio

Well it is not a paying job as such - but another swap.

Two pairs of jeans hemmed in return for two boxes of 1 litre kilner jars ready for my preserves in autumn.

We had a lovely day on Saturday with some new acquaintances, having a good look around their new house that is being renovated then dinner together with a couple of bottles of wine and that relaxed chat around the dinner table that sees the hours zip by.

There was just enough time on Saturday morning to get some tomato seeds into pots, and I got a couple of pots of cucumber seeds in too.

While I was in the studio on Sunday I realised that I was missing a pin cushion for my needles.

Because I am always doing little touch ups in various fabrics and colours, I end up with 6 or 7 reels of cotton with needles stuck in them lying around on the table.


So after I had knocked them to the floor 3 or 4 times I decided I needed to knock up a quick pin cushion. This was just a couple of circles of T-shirt material stuffed with some bits of old jumper then quickly whizzed together with the sewing machine.

And the best news of all is that I finally finished unpicking that jumper so I now have 3 balls of beautiful purple silk ribbon - and no idea what to make with it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: