Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First of February - the New Year starts here



OK - so technically the new year started on the first of January, but after having a pretty crappy start to 2011 what with flu and a row with my work agency then feeling ill again, then everyone around me falling ill, then feeling depressed and generally shitty with life in general; I have decided to sweep January under the carpet and pretend that it did not exist and am starting afresh today, the first of February.

So far the highlights of my new New Year are:

- a nice day at work
- a new scrapyard cupboard that tidied up fits into the space in my pantry as though it was designed to be there
- cuddly cats
- fitting into my pre Christmas clothes
- snuggling up in my handmade shawl
- having the house to myself this afternoon
- spending an hour in a hot bubble bath without interruptions
- managing to break through French red tape without developing the feeling that I want to throw the laptop out of the window


In fact if these new New Years continue to be this good I may have to have another one next month.

2 comments:

Damn The Broccoli said...

It is the Chinese new year today!

So on paper you are almost good.

Absinthe Fairy said...

Year of the rabbit too apparently - I guess someone up there knows how I intend to fill my freezer this year!