Tuesday, August 3, 2010
You name it the cats have slept in it today....
Very busy morning catching up on my own housework before work, then back at 5 to consider what we are going to have for dinner.
Leftovers again it looks like, but how to make them interesting.
Here is my ultimate VERY LAZY STUFFED MARROW recipe.
1. Be lazy and leave the courgettes in the garden until they grow into marrows.
2. Finally get round to cutting the largest marrow you can find.
3. Dig around in the freezer until you find an unlabelled carton of something that you think is beef stew leftovers.
4. Cut the marrow into rings about 7 cms deep and scoop out the seedy bit in the middle.
5. Place rings in an oven proof dish.
6. Hack at the frozen solid leftovers until you have enough bits small enough to place in the hollowed out marrow.
7. Add a couple of limp carrots chopped into little rings.
8. Pour in enough water to come half way up the marrow, season well.
9. Cover and put in the oven at 200°C for an hour.
10. Eat on your lap in front of the TV.