Wrapped up in some flaky pastry into little samosa shapes, then oven baked for 20 minutes at 180°C.
I finally got stuck into some of the digging over that needs to happen this year, and as this is for some gooseberry bushes near the front of the house, I decided to stick them next to the herb patch. When I started to dig I found several clumps of roots from my very rampant horseradish, so these have now been cleaned up ready to be dried and made into horseradish sauce.
This is so easy:
- just grate enough fresh root (once cleaned) for 4 tablespoons,
- add 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard,
- pinch of salt,
- pinch of sugar - no sugar if using shop bought mayonnaise, in fact you might want to add a squirt of lemon juice to tart it up a bit,
- some ground black pepper,
- a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
- then stir through 6 tablepsoons of mayonnaise (preferably homemade).
Serve with any roast meats, not just beef, or use instead of mustard for a hot and tasty ham sandwich. It will keep in the fridge for about a week.