Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm not a pheasant plucker....


... well actually today I am.

I'm not a pheasant plucker
I'm the pheasant plucker's mate
I'm only plucking pheasants
Because the pheasant plucker's late


- tongue twister for the non-english readers of my blog.

This lovely peahen is courtesy of the local countryside, and you cannot get fresher than that.

I must be getting good at this, it only took 15 minutes to get her plucked, gutted and freezer ready.

Now I know I should hang pheasant, but to be honest I don't taste the difference and with the current weather I am concerned that if I did hang her she would freeze overnight (last night's low was -12°C) and then be useless as you cannot freeze an intact bird and then defrost it.


Thea actually had yesterday morning off from college and nagged me several times to put up the Christmas tree.  I tried to explain to her that I do a big house clean twice a year, once in Spring and once again just before putting up the tree, because do to so I need to move furniture around, and therefore it is the perfect opportunity to clean properly.  

With her back at school today, I decided to get a head start on the house clean, and clean the living room, bathroom, and spare room from top to bottom.  Living room so that I can  shove the sofas around and not be embarrassed by the dust bunnies beneath them, bathroom so that I can finally get around to waxing the floor again, stairs for the same reason and finally the spare room ready for visitors.

Exhausted now - time for coffee and a muffin.  Yesterday's recipe was a complete success as was the silicon mould.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: