Friday, July 23, 2010

Well I thought....

.... that today's blog would be about tidying up my greenhouse as a project, but as it turns out it is all about cutting my hair.

Brendan gave me my annual haircut today, all 10 inches hacked off with a pair of sharp scissors.

As you can see not a trace of the purple hair colour remains and that can only mean one thing - I am also due a hair dye session.

I hate visiting the hairdressers, much as many people view a trip to the dentist with stomach curdling trepidation, so I view a trip to the coiffeuse.

For the last 10 years it has been DIY haircuts for me, sometimes with Brendan chopping my ponytail off, sometimes just me badly chopping layers in, fringes have come and gone over time, but I have always been blessed with very fast growing hair. The ponytail removed today is just over 18months worth of growth and an eyebrow height fringe can be down to chin length in a couple of months.

So here I sit with barely touching my shoulders length hair, feeling all light headed and flicky at the edges, wondering what colour should I go now?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

resa said...

I'm having the same dilemma. I thought I'd settled on a bright pink, but every time I see someone with another cute color I'm swayed.

Absinthe Fairy said...

lol resa - just been in the bathroom cabinet to see what colours I have stashed away - and after a stiff gin I have opted for......(drumroll) ...... white blonde!