As part of my drive to make things more manageable in the garden, today I decided not to just section the areas mentally that I was going to concentrate on, but today I decided to concentrate solely on the letter P.
So parsnips, pumpkins and peas. (I did potatoes the other day so they could stay out of today's list of items.)
Firstly the peas canes were weeded and the peas fastened up to the strings.
Then the parsnips - what there is of them were weeded, they have been resown twice now, and twice, immediately after sowing it has either rained or snowed for weeks, and so from a whole row I now have about 6 viable plants in total. I have given them a last chance to go for it with the last few seeds from an open packet and if they don't grow, then there will be significantly fewer parsnips in the freezer this year.
Finally the pumpkin row was cleaned up, and I transplanted the random growing pumpkins into their allocated space. I just hope that they survive the transplant as it is very hot today. I have given them extra water but again will just have to wait and see.