Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 9 - Not Corned Beef Hash with salad in mustard vinaigrette

Not corned beef hash because I don't have any corned beef, nor do I actually like it, but the principle is the same.

Cook some peeled and diced potatoes until they are ready for mashing, drain and leave to one side for the moment.

Take some chorizo sausage (thisis a piece I had left over from the pasta bake the other day that I found nestling in the back of the fridge), remove the skin and chop into little pieces.

Fry in some garlic oil in a large flat bottomed pan with a large finely chopped onion, then add the potatoes, and season well.

Squish the potatoes flat to make a sort of omlette, now if you are feeling adventurous you can try flipping it over. Because I have the co-ordination of a ham strung baby giraffe, I cut the 'omlette' roughly in half with a spatula and turn gently instead.

Serve with some salad leaves in a whole grain mustard vinaigrette and freshly baked bread.

For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, take a teaspoon of whole grain mustard, add a table spoon of onion vinegar (or red wine vinegar), then pour on 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and whisk vigorously with a fork, taste and if still a bit sharp, add a bit more olive oil.

And a quick photo of my vinegar jar.

No comments: