Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 7 - Garlic roasted potatoes

On this, day 7 of the larder challenge, I have forgone the necessity of cooking a huge Sunday dinner when it is just Thea and me.  In fact left to her we would just be eating pancakes again!

But I fancy something more substantial to ward off the chill in the air, so this morning I went hunting through the freezer to see if I could find a small meat portion - enough for two.  I love my chest freezer, you can squeeze so much into it but it does take some searching through - you need a good memory for what you have in there.

Tonight therefore we are having garlic roasted spuds and a couple of grilled turkey breasts.

The turkey I have left in some olive oil, half heartedly marinading in some paprika and pepper, ready for them to be oven cooked later (I don't actually have a grill).

The potatoes will be cut into quarters as they are quite large, boiled in their skins, then just as they get soft enough that the edges start to break up, drain, then place in a baking tray, pour over garlic infused oil, crush another garlic clove on top, throw on a big pinch of sea salt, grind over some black pepper, and a sprinkle of dried parsley, then cook in the oven at a high temperature (gas no 8) for 15 minutes to crisp up.


Making my mouth water just thinking about it - so off I go to cook it!

No comments: