Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally finished all of Thea's cushions

As I was hunting for some material earlier I spotted the red and black scrollwork upholstery fabric that I bought a few months ago for Thea's floor cushions, and realised that I had not actually finished all the cushions I had promised her.

So before I did anything else I ran up the three cushion covers that I got out of the material, these are for floor cushions, 60 cm x 60 cm fully washable inners, therefore the covers are non removable, the whole cushion can be thrown into the machine.


I was lacking sufficient material for the final cushion, so this is an old black knit dress that I have already used the top of for something else, sewn together at the waist, then finished with a red and black shoe lace sewn in a spiral across one corner to keep in the current decorating theme.

Cushion quickly stuffed inside and sewn across the hem. Four cushion covers finished before lunch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: