Thursday, January 21, 2010

At a loose end .......

Struggling to find a project for today and not really sure why as there is no lack of things that need doing.

Unfortunately my motivation seems to have wandered off for a walk in the sun today.

Yesterday we had a day of visits with the morning taken up with friends and then the afternoon too, so very pleased we managed to fit the essential wood cutting in over lunchtime.

I have a number of schemes running through my mind but can't seem to get down to actually doing any of them - first and foremost is the thought that having given away my surplus suitcase of clothes, I have not tackled the clothes in my wardrobe, which are now hanging 6 to a  hanger and the door won't close unless wedged.


What I have acheived today is to pass on my cheats chilli recipe in French to my client, no easy feat, considering my poor written French.  Being the sort of person to abhor wasted food of any description and having seen the meaty chicken carcass she was considering throwing away, I picked it clean for her, and made up a batch of very mild chilli, so I hope they enjoy it. 



Cheats Chilli
a bowl of any sort of left over meat
some wrinkled old tomatoes chopped roughly
that onion at the back of the veggie basket that is sprouting green shoots, chopped roughly
a forgotten tin of red kidney beans, or any other beans or sweetcorn knocking about
a dusty dented tin of tomato puree, or the final squeeze from the puree paste tube at the back of the fridge
garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and chilli

Chuck a bit of oil in a pan (the greasy juices from the leftover meat will do), fry the garlic (if using fresh chillies add these now and fry with the garlic), add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes, add the meat, stir in chopped tomatoes, add some water, season, add paprika, add beans and the puree, and let simmer for about 30 mins, sprinkle with chilli flakes, simmer for a couple of minutes and to finish stir in a spoonful of creme fraiche.

 

No comments: